The Customer Service Representative (CSR) will be the liaison between our sales team and other departments within our company such as Purchasing and Logistics. The CSR is responsible for providing product information and resolving any emerging problems that pertain to customer orders or bookings. This position will work both independently and collaboratively with sales, prioritizing order entry.
- Maintains accurate records of account dealings: orders, credits, adjustments and all related maintenance through our customer information system.
- Assists sales reps, Account Management Specialist (AMS) and customers with quality and credit issues.
- Prepares reports of business transactions; enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into Salesforce CRM System.
- Works with sales rep and AMS to build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Ensures the timely and successful delivery of our products according to customer needs and objectives.
- Communicates in a timely and effective manner, any issues or changes to order status as necessary
- Communicates and tracks IT issues through the proper channels
- Two years of college or 2+ years’ experience in customer service
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Horticulture or floriculture experience preferred, but not necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and general computer usage
- Capable of working independently or in a team
- Strong organization skills and ability to follow up
- Excellent in verbal and written communication
- Willingness to learn and apply new concepts and processes
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Able to lift up to 25lbs; squat, bend, pull and push, and climb stairs
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensures customers’ orders are entered and updated timely
- Assists sales rep, AMS and customer in obtaining proper documentation required in order to enter quality and issue credit
- Accurately tracks customers’ shipments and if needed, will initiate airline credit/debit/claim and advise sales of possible transit credit
- Verifies Order Status Report daily to ensure all orders are being allocated or rolled to a future week if necessary
- Communicates with Purchasing in reference to future needs, availability issues, product questions, and customer request
- Provides sales person and customer with order acknowledgements and order confirmations
- Assists AMS with order entry while sales person and/or AMS are visiting customers
We offer a competitive Benefits Package including base, overtime, bonus, Paid Time Off, Health Benefits, and 401K (with company match)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.