Territory Sales Manager
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for overseeing the sale of products from beginning to end, and will be the direct point of contact with customers. The generation of leads and the development of a territory action plan along with marketing strategies and tactics will be the responsibility of the territory sales manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sells company products (plants) to customers in the nursery and landscaping industry.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from ad inquiries, trade shows, direct mail responses, industry directories, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Makes outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and sell products to designated customers.
- Maintains customer base and constantly seeks out new customers to replace those lost by normal attrition (i.e. going out of business, changing product lines, etc.)
- Provides product demos to qualified customers upon request.
- Emphasizes sellable features, quotes prices, credit terms, and prepares sales orders.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and delivery schedules.
- Follows-up on availability and allocation reports.
- Communicates orders to purchasing department for order placement.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships.
- Follow-up arrival conditions with customers and issue pending credits or final credits as necessary. These must include all necessary information (invoices, source, product problem, invoice date, boxes, if applicable, etc.)
- Prepares reports of business transactions; enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into Salesforce CRM System.
- Visits customers regularly.
- Maintains awareness of current industry and operational benchmarks, trends and practices. Represents the company in local and national trade shows.
- Provides primary collections efforts; works with Accounts Receivable Team resolving collection problems as necessary.
- Can lift up to 50 lbs.; bend, squat, climb stairs, work in an outside environment
- Ability to travel 30% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Horticulture or related field
- Experience with B2B Sales
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point)
- Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- Business Mathematics Competencies
- Ability to identify, define and articulate problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret and deal with numerous abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and verbal/written communications.
- Strong analytical skills; attention to detail, fact-based, self-motivated, and ability to work under pressure.
Job Performance Standards
- Reaches and exceeds the established sales goals (monthly, yearly).
- Percentage of goods returned is maintained at a minimum/within established standards
- Follows-up with clients and prospects in a timely manner.
- Processes sales orders, credit terms and quotes with accuracy.
- Increases customer base by percentage established for territory.
- Customer interactions logged in Salesforce as required.
- Customer’s information is maintained up to date and accurate.
- Ensures – in conjunction with AR Team- that customers are current on payments and the accounts are in good standing.
We offer a competitive Benefits Package including base salary, commission, bonus, expense reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Health Benefits, and 401K (with company match)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Duration of employment
17416 Amber Sweet Lane, Winter Garden, Florida, Central Florida, 34787
August 27, 2020
Please submit your resume, along with an introductory letter, to email@example.com.