The ‘HEATWAVE’ collection was introduced as a direct response to the current dry climate faced by Australian gardeners. Salvias are known worldwide as a water wise family of plants that revel in sunshine and dry, open soils.
The HEATWAVE range takes todays gardening requirements one step further being purposely bred to retain a compact habit. Many forms of Salvia greggii typically present with more open habits which, whilst still effective in the right position, relegate their use to background planting or intermingling in a loose perennial border.
The tighter foliage of the HEATWAVE Salvias allows them to be a given more prominent location in a garden setting which they well deserve considering they provide color all through the warmer months right through autumn.
- Easy to grow in most soil types which are well draining.
- Water requirements are low once established requiring only an occasional long soak during extended periods of heat.
- Prune after main flowering to encourage faster re-bloom and a compact habit. Apply a slow release fertilizer in spring to improve overall vigor.
- Fast results for new gardens
- Lengthy color for mixed borders
- Container displays
- Coastal zones and poolside landscaping
- Cottage or wildflower style gardens